- Medea Chart featured in the European Research Council's website
24 May 2018
Our researcher Joaquim Alves Gaspar is featured in the European Research Council's website, with a small interview about the project he leads, The Medieval and Early Modern Nautical Charts: Birth, Evolution and Use (Medea Chart), funded in 1.2M€ by the council. The project started in 2017 and will continue until 2022.
- António Estácio dos Reis (1923-2018)
02 March 2018
- Honoris Causa Doctorate to Bernardette Bensaude-Vincent
15 January 2018
CIUHCT is pleased to announced the University of Lisbon will award this distinction to philosopher and historian of sciences Bernadette Bensaude-Vincent (Université Paris 1/ Pantheon Sorbonne). The ceremony will take place on March 2, 3pm, at the Salão Nobre of the Rectory of the University of Lisbon.
- 1st CIUHCT Distinguished Lecture makes the news in Público
03 December 2017
- APHES Young Researchers Award to M. Luísa Sousa
24 November 2017
- CIUHCT congratulates Tiago Saraiva for receiving the Pfizer Award, for his book Fascist Pigs
21 November 2017
The award was attributed by the History of Science Society.
- New CIUHCT fellowships for PhD and post-doc
14 November 2017
- Maria Paula Diogo interviewed by the Sol newspaper
02 October 2017
The interview focuses on the SCILIFE — Science in Everyday Life consortium, which includes several universities and the Lisbon Municipality, and their contribution to raising awareness of the European Researchers' Night.
- Volume 11 of the HoST journal is now available
01 October 2017
The new issue of the journal History of Science and Technology (HoST) is out this month and available in open access at DeGruyter Open's website.
- CIUHCT in the European Researchers' Night 2017
29 September 2017
September 29, from 6pm to midnight, CIUHCT will participate in Lisbon's activities of the European Researchers' Night, with the panel "Antropoceno. O que é isso?" [Anthropocene. What is that?] and in the European Corner. Everyone is welcome!