- New issue of HoST — Journal of History of Science and Technology (14.2, December 2020) online
04 January 2021
The new issue includes the special issue "The Fabulous 1930s in the History of Science and Technology", with an introduction by guest editors, Ana Simões and Antonio Sánchez, as well as a paper by Maria Paula Diogo and reviews of the latest books by Lukas Engelmann and Christos Lynteris, David Pretel and Lino Camprubí, and Tatiana Kasperski.
- "As Hortas de Lisboa" at the Lisbon Museum with the participation of Ana Duarte Rodrigues
17 December 2020
Ana Duarte Rodrigues was a scientific consultant for the temporary exhibition As Hortas de Lisboa at the Lisbon Museum.
- APOM awards prizes and honourable mentions to the exhibition "Plasticidade" and Museu de Leiria
11 December 2020
The exhibition Plasticidade - Uma história dos plásticos em Portugal and the Museum of Leiria receive two awards and two honourable mentions from the Portuguese Association of Museology (APOM).
- Jorge Nuno Silva's initiative wins Ciência Viva 2020 Award
24 November 2020
The National Mathematical Games Championship is distinguished by the Ciência Viva Awards, awarded annually as recognition for exceptional merit in scientific and technological dissemination in Portugal.
- Pieces by Almada Negreiros will be shown for the first time: two exhibitions with Pedro Freitas as the scientific commissioner
02 November 2020
The National Museum of Ancient Art and the Monastery of Batalha have two exhibitions, with previously unseen pieces from the artist.
- Maria Paula Diogo awarded the Leonardo da Vinci medal, the highest honor attributed by the Society for the History of Technology
07 October 2020
The distinction is awarded since 1962, and has among its laureates foundational names of History of Technology, like Melvin Kranzberg, Joseph Needham, and Lewis Mumford.
- Ana Duarte Rodrigues collaborates with a new exhibition at the National Library of Portugal dedicated to Portugal's Historical Gardens
06 October 2020
CIUHCT's coordinator joined the technical and scientific advisory team of the new exhibition "Jardins Históricos de Portugal: Memória e Futuro" [Historical Gardens of Portugal: Memory and Future], which can be visited at the National Library of Portugal until March 2021. The exhibition was organised by the Portuguese Association of Historical Gardens and is part of the Lisbon: European Green Capital 2020 programme.
- Cristina Luís interviewed on the NEWSERA project
06 October 2020
The CIUHCT researcher spoke to ScienceMediaHub, a digital platform from the European Parliament, discussing her participation on the international NEWSERA consortium. The project aims at using citizen science to improve science communication, and Cristina Luís explains how she will test new training models at her institution, the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon.
- Ana Simões, Vice-President of the European Society for the History of Science
04 September 2020
In the General Assembly that took place on September 3, Maria Paula Diogo was also reelected to the ESHS Scientific Council, thus assuring that CIUHCT continues to be represented in this body of the Society.
- "Einstein, Eddington e o Eclipse" book receives a comic book award
02 May 2020
Ana Simões and artist Ana Matilde Sousa worked together to create a book that combines comic book art and scientific essays. The book, Einstein, Eddington e o Eclipse, won the Best National Publication with Commercial Distribution Award.