- Francisco Malta Romeiras wins Honorable Mention at the ULisboa / CGD Scientific Awards
16 April 2021
Francisco Malta Romeiras wins an honorable mention at the annual Scientific Awards University of Lisbon / Caixa Geral de Depósitos, in the area of History and Philosophy.
- New issue of Revista TST, edited by Hugo Silveira Pereira
13 April 2021
The most recent issue of Revista TST, whose editor is CIUHCT member Hugo Silveira Pereira, was recently published.
- AQUA opens call for two Master's Research Grants
30 March 2021
The scholarships will have a maximum duration of 9 months, and are intended for archival work, bibliography study, hydraulics and fieldwork on a hydraulic system of gardens or fences of the Modern Age in Portugal, with a view to presenting it as a Master's thesis.
- Helena Avelar de Carvalho (1964-2021)
10 March 2021
Helena Avelar de Carvalho, Principal Investigator of the ASTRA project, has died.
- Raquel Cristina (AQUA) proves that contemporary gardens consume more water than those of the Modern Age
03 March 2021
Raquel Cristina, an AQUA project fellow, proves mathematically that contemporary gardens have less efficient water consumption than gardens of the Modern Age.
- Maria Paula Diogo is one of the researchers portrayed in the new edition of the book Women in Science
03 March 2021
A Ciência Viva project, this edition of the book Women in Science 2021 brings together 101 portraits of researchers from different generations and areas of knowledge.
- Jorge Flores appointed external fellow of the Global History and Culture Center
26 February 2021
Jorge Flores was appointed external fellow and advisor to the Global History and Culture Centre, University of Warwick, UK.
- Bruno Navarro (1977-2021)
31 January 2021
Bruno Navarro, president of Fundação Côa Parque and a member of CIUHCT, died at 44 years of sudden illness.
- Call for a Postdoctoral Research Scholarship
26 January 2021
Applications will be accepted until February 8. The scholarship is expected to begin in March 2021.
- New issue of HoST — Journal of History of Science and Technology (14.2, December 2020) online
04 January 2021
The new issue includes the special issue "The Fabulous 1930s in the History of Science and Technology", with an introduction by guest editors, Ana Simões and Antonio Sánchez, as well as a paper by Maria Paula Diogo and reviews of the latest books by Lukas Engelmann and Christos Lynteris, David Pretel and Lino Camprubí, and Tatiana Kasperski.