Advanced Training Seminar on Gardens, Landscapes and Environment
The Advanced Training Seminar on Gardens, Landscapes and Environment is organized under the project AQUA - Horto Aquam Salutarem: Water Wise Management in gardens of the Early Modern Period (PTDC/HARHIS/28627/2017), funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology, with the shared coordination between PI Ana Duarte Rodrigues of the Faculty of Sciences and Co-PI Dídia Covas of Instituto Superior Técnico. The conferences are dedicated to disseminating the research carried out by the researchers of the project, but also to promote further discussion with other researchers who are dedicated to the same or related topics. Its main objective is to encourage specialized training in the study of gardens, landscape and environment from the perspective of the History of Science and Technology.
The conferences began in January 2020, at the rate of one per month, but were interrupted in April of that year due to the pandemic. They were resumed in October 2020 but in a new format, digital, but maintaining the same configuration, scope and cadence.
- A Água na Paisagem do Concelho de Tomar: uma prospetiva do desenvolvimento industrial no Concelho
29 October 2020 · 14h00-16h00
- Compreender Paisagens Através das Sementes
19 November 2020 · 14h00
- Os Jardins e as Camélias
15 December 2020 · 14h30
- Horticultura e a arte dos jardins no Porto oitocentista
26 January 2021 · 14h00
- Plants as Instruments of Knowledge in Early Modern Natural Philosophy
26 February 2021 · 14h30
- La Belleza del Paisaje de la Geria: agricultura en um medio volcánico
24 March 2021 · 14h00
- Ilídio Araújo in the exhibition "Jardins Históricos"
30 April 2021 · 14h00
- Water Gardens Waterless: Issues concerning water features in historic gardens in Romania
19 May 2021 · 14h00
- Uma década de viagem rumo a uma infraestrutura verde
16 June 2021 · 15h00
Espaço da exposição Jardins Históricos de Portugal. Memória e Futuro na Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal.
- 3D Landscapes: Geovisualization and monitoring via drone
28 July 2021 · 17h00
- Hortas de Lisboa: da Idade Média ao Século XXI
26 October 2021 · 16h30
Palácio Pimenta, Campo Grande.
- A Água que Desenha
26 November 2021 · 14h30
Faculdade de Ciências da Universidadde de Lisboa, Antifeatro da F.Ciências.ID, C1, Piso 3
- Narrar a Paisagem: representações textuais da agricultura no Antigo Regime
15 December 2021 · 15h00
- Construir Paisagens: as dunas como infraestruturas
31 January 2022 · 14h30
- A Paisagem Mediterrânica e o Poder da Água: O caso de Zraoua nas montanhas meridionais da Tunísia
25 February 2022 · 14h30
- Un jardín madrileño del Siglo de Oro: Propuesta digital sobre el plano de Texeira
29 April 2022 · 18h00
- Waters as Heritage: Sea Level Rise in the Reinvention of an Amphibious Hotspot
25 May 2022 · 18h00