- New issue of HoST — Journal of History of Science and Technology (16.1, June 2022) now online
28 June 2022
This special issue includes an introduction by the guest editor Mikael Hård followed by four articles about critical infrastructures in Africa and how their analysis can teach us how to reduce the vulnerabilities felt by communities around the world.
- The Database Inquisition in Action by Francisco Malta Romeiras is now online
22 June 2022
The Database Inquisition in Action by Francisco Malta Romeiras is now available online.
- Jorge Flores has an article among the most downloaded in Quaderni Storici
21 June 2022
Marathi voices, Portuguese words, Brahman’s pen (and thoughts). On fragments of peninsular India in a colonial archive is the article by Jorge Flores that stands out among the most downloaded in the Quaderni Storici journal.
- Henrique Leitão eleito sócio honorário da Sociedade Portuguesa de Matemática
02 May 2022
Henrique Leitão, investigador do Departamento de História e Filosofia das Ciências e do Centro Interuniversitário de História das Ciências e da Tecnologia foi eleito sócio honorário da Sociedade Portuguesa de Matemática (SPM), juntamente com Gracinda Gomes, professora do Departamento de Matemática e membro do Centro de Matemática Computacional e Estocástica.
- Luís Ribeiro vence Prémio FCiências.ID 2021
13 April 2022
Tese de Luís Ribeiro vence o Prémio FCiências.ID de 2021, no domínio da História e Filosofia das Ciências.
- Research Scholarship on the Project Hi-BicLab
05 April 2022
The call for a Research Grant (Master) within the scope of the project Hi-BicLab. Laboratório de História para Mobilidades Urbanas Sustentáveis: Políticas cicláveis de Lisboa (EXPL/FER-HFC/0847/2021) is open until May 6th2022.
- Francisco Malta Romeiras with 6th most read article in "Annals of Science"
21 March 2022
The article The Inquisition and the censorship of science in early modern Europe: Introduction, by Francisco Malta Romeiras, is the 6th most read article in Annals of Science.
- David Salomoni was awarded a Berenson Fellowship from Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
16 March 2022
David Salomoni was awarded a Berenson Fellowship at the Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies, ematVilla I Tatti, Florence.
- Nuno Vila-Santa was distinguished with the Almirante Sarmento Rodrigues 2021 Award
16 March 2022
Nuno Vila-Santa recebe Prémio Almirante Sarmento Rodrigues 2021.
- InsSciDE Lisbon Academies'Day and Open Conference on March 22 and 23, 2022
02 March 2022
The project H2020 InSciDE - Inventing a shared science diplomacy for Europe, will have, on March 22nd and 23rd, 2022, days open to the public as part of its closing conference, respectively at the Lisbon Academy of Sciences and at the Rectory of NOVA .