- Ana Viseu in the 2019 edition of "Mulheres na Ciência"
26 February 2019
“Mulheres na Ciência” [Women in Science] is a homage by Ciência Viva to portuguese women scientists, now in its third edition (following 2016, 2017).
- Scott Knowles (Drexel University) visits CIUHCT, meeting with Anthropolands researchers
26 February 2019
The american scholar will be at FCT/NOVA on March 1, for an informal lecture debating the relationships between the Anthropocene, natural resources, and the concept of "slow disaster".
- New Recreational Mathematics Magazine issue (v.5, n.10)
20 February 2019
A journal supported by CIUHCT and published by Associação Ludus at DeGruyter Open. The new issue brings three new articles, about a Sudoku variant called Sudo-Kurve, an analysis of cones which are used to generate a given conic curve by section by a plane, and the multiple solutions for the positioning of a piece in shogi, a japanese board game that resembles chess.
- Bruno Navarro's book, "Um Império projectado pelo silvo da locomotiva", praised in Angolan newspaper
29 January 2019
The book Um Império projectado pelo silvo da locomotiva [Eng: An empire projected by the whistle of the locomotive], by Bruno Navarro, has received strong praise in the angolan newspaper Novo Jornal, both for its scientific quality and relevance to angolan history.
- Launch of the website Field Scientists in the Portuguese Empire (FiSciPe)
13 January 2019
Cláudia Castelo's Investigador FCT project has launched a website dedicated to the presentation of its results. We highlight the searchable database, which gathers data from organisms and research personnel directly, or indiretly, involved in field work in the portuguese colonies, between the 1930s and the 1970s.
- CIUHCT researchers in Applied Ethics collection
09 January 2019
CIUHCT coordinators Maria Paula Diogo and Ana Simões are the authors of the chapter "História da Ciência e História da Tecnologia: Reflexões sobre ética e prática disciplinares" [History of Science and History of Technology: Reflections on ethics and disciplinary practices], in the latest volume of the Ética Aplicada [Applied Ethics] book collection, published by Edições 70 and the Luso-American Foundation for Development (FLAD).
- CIUHCT at the 8th International Congress of Technology, Science and Society
09 January 2019
Researchers Paula Urze and Maria Paula Diogo (CIUHCT coordinator) have been invited to present the keynote speakers in the first day of the meeting. Maria Paula Diogo will also be the opening keynote speaker.
- CIUHCT partner of the 2021 Velo City conference (Lisbon)
17 December 2018
CIUHCT will be part of this event through the upcoming book “Cycling Cities: The Lisbon Experience”, a project on the history of cycling mobility in the portuguese capital, which includes our researchers João Machado and M. Luísa Sousa.
- Helena Avelar de Carvalho obtains her PhD from the Warburg Institute
29 November 2018
On November 26, CIUHCT researcher Helena Avelar de Carvalho successfully presented her PhD thesis at the Warburg Institute (London, UK), a new contribution to an international history of astrology.
- Victor de Sá Award in Contemporary History to José Avelãs Nunes
22 November 2018
The PhD dissertation "A Arquitectura dos Sanatórios em Portugal: 1850-1970” [The Architecture of Sanatoria in Portugal: 1850-1970] merited the distinction.