- Plasticity exhibition receives the prestigious Dibner Award for Excellence in Museum Exhibits
28 October 2019
The distinction was awarded by the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT).
- Ana Viseu in the 2019 edition of "Mulheres na Ciência"
26 February 2019
“Mulheres na Ciência” [Women in Science] is a homage by Ciência Viva to portuguese women scientists, now in its third edition (following 2016, 2017).
- Victor de Sá Award in Contemporary History to José Avelãs Nunes
22 November 2018
The PhD dissertation "A Arquitectura dos Sanatórios em Portugal: 1850-1970” [The Architecture of Sanatoria in Portugal: 1850-1970] merited the distinction.
- Ana Viseu elected to 4S's Council
20 July 2018
- Cândido Marciano receives scientific merit medal at the Ciência 2018 meeting
04 July 2018
The medal was presented at the Ciência 2018 meeting, by His Excellence the Prime Minister of Portugal and the Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
- APHES Young Researchers Award to M. Luísa Sousa
24 November 2017
- DHST Prize Mention awarded to Maria Luísa Sousa
01 June 2017
A União Internacional para a História e Filosofia da Ciência e da Tecnologia (International Union for the History and Philosophy of Science and Tecnology) distinguiu a investigadora CIUHCT Maria Luísa Sousa com a Menção Honrosa do Prémio DHST (Division of History of Science and Technology).
- Osterbrock Book Prize to the Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers
18 May 2017
A Divisão de Astronomia Histórica da Sociedade Americana de Astronomia atribuiu o seu Osterbook Book Prize de 2017 a Thomas Hockey (Univ. Iowa) pela coordenação da Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers.
- Clavis Bibliothecarum awarded with Honorable Mention by the APH
07 December 2016
- CIUHCT researchers reach the presidency of international scientific societies
01 September 2016
Researchers Ana Simões and Marta Lourenço have just been elected to the presidency of two reknowned scientific societies, the European Society for the History of Science (ESHS), and the international committee University Museums and Collections, which is a part of the International Council of Museums (ICOM-UMAC)