- New issue of HoST — Journal of History of Science and Technology (13.1, June 2019) online
19 June 2019
The new volume includes the special issue "Before the Silent Spring: Pesticides in Twentieth-Century Europe", coordinated by José Rámon Bertomeu-Sánchez, an extended abstract of Thomas J. Misa's Distinguished Lecture, a work in progress by PhD student Inês N. Navalhas, and reviews of the latest books by Tiago Saraiva, Samir Boumediene, and Cathy Gere.
- Two research fellowships for PhDs in ERC Project RUTTER
05 June 2019
This call will be open until July 5, and the fellowships will start in September 2019.
- Público highlights efforts by CIUHCT researchers in preservation of scientific collection
04 June 2019
In its June 3 edition, the newspaper revisited the story of the scientific collection of Escola-Oficina Nº1, in the neighbourhood of Graça, in Lisbom. The objects were fortuitously (re)discovered by CIUHCT researcher João Monteiro, and preserved thanks to the National Museum of Natural History of Science and the PRISC Network (through CIUHCTer Marta Lourenço).
- i newspaper interviews Maria Elvira Callapez
30 May 2019
- CIUHCT participates in the commemoration of the 25 years of Manguinhos
30 May 2019
CIUHCT researcher M. Luísa Sousa, editor in chief of HoST — Journal of History of Science and Technology, will represent the centre in the workshop celebrating the event, in a roundtable dedicated to discuss the tendencies, difficulties and potential of peer review.
- CIUHCT researchers lectured at the course 'History, Environment and Knowledge in the Anthropocene', at the prestigious FIOCRUZ
21 May 2019
CIUHCT's participation in the course reinforces its leadership in the debate on the Anthropocene in the context of Social Sciences in Portugal, as well as the connections between portuguese and brazilian teaching and research. The course will soon be available in FIOCRUZ's Virtual Campus.
- Two PhD fellowships in History of Science (FCUL), associated with ERC Project RUTTER
16 May 2019
Applications will be accepted until June 22. The PhD program is expected to begin in September 2019.
- New Railway Museum in Bragança, with CIUHCT participation
29 April 2019
CIUHCT researcher Hugo Silveira Pereira, specialist in railway history (Portugal, 19th Century), has collaborated with research and content production tasks, being responsible for editing the Museum's catalogue.
- Henrique Leitão is awarded an ERC Advanced Grant
28 March 2019
The project “Making the Earth Global: Early Modern Nautical Rutters and the Construction of a Global Concept of the Earth” (RUTTER) will be funded in two million euros. It is the second ERC grant attributed to a CIUHCT researcher.
- Joaquim Alves Gaspar at the TEDxULisboa conference
21 March 2019
The conference will take place on May 4, at the Aula Magna of the Rectory of the University of Lisbon.