Teresa Salomé Mota
Department of History and Philosophy of Sciences, FCUL
- History of Geology;
- History of scientific institutions;
- Science and Politics;
- History of Education.
- "Construir o cidadão’: ciência, ideologia e educação em Portugal (1837–1974)” SFRH/BPD/99922/2014, post-doctoral research project
- “A construção da Geologia em Portugal: entre o liberalismo e o Estado Novo” (FCT/MCTES, SFRH/BPD/40065/2007), post-doctoral research project, reformulated in 2011
- "Visions of Lisbon — Science, technology and medicine (STM) and the making of a techno-scientific capital (1870-1940)" (PTDC/IVC-HFC/3122/2014), CIUHCT
- "The Triumph of Bakelite: Contributions for a History of Plastics in Portugal" (PTDC/IVC-HFC/5174/2014), CIUHCT
- "Science, technical training and the making of Portuguese Liberalism: the case of Escola Politécnica de Lisboa (1837-1911)", (FCT/MCTES, HC/0084/2009), 2010-2013.
- "Valorização dos Acervos do Museu de Ciência da Universidade de Lisboa: A Memória das Ciências Online", Museu de Ciência da Universidade de Lisboa, 2010, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- "The Portuguese Geological Survey (1848-1970): History and Scientific Heritage" (PTDC/HCT/65345/2006), Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- "Laying down the Foundation Stone: 19th Century Geology in the Context of the Mining and Metals General Committee and the Geological Survey" (POCTI/HCT/37703/2001), Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Mayer, W.; Clary, R; Lazuela, L.; Mota; T. S. and Stanislaw; W. (eds.) (2017), History of Geoscience: Celebrating 50 years of INHIGEO (INHIGEO/Geological Society of London)
- Mota, Teresa Salomé (2017), "Book Review: Irina Podgorny et al. Diccionario Histórico de las Ciencias de la Tierra en la Argentina", Earth Sciences History, 36, 165-167
- Mota, Teresa Salomé (2017) "Those knights in shinning armor': public intervention on behalf of geology and geologists in Portugal during the dictatorship (1940-1960)", Earth Sciences History, 36, 142-159
- Mota, Teresa Salomé and Carneiro, Ana (2017) "The ups and downs of geology in Portugal: the Geological Survey, a historical perspective” in Mayer, W.; Clary, R; Lazuela, L.; Mota; T. S. and Stanislaw; W. (eds.) History of Geoscience: Celebrating 50 years of INHIGEO, Special Publications, 442, (INHIGEO/Geological Society of London)
- Mota, Teresa Salomé (2016) “It had to be us.’ Geological practice, scientific authority and politics in the expedition to Goa (1960-1961)” in Klemun, Marianne and Spring, Ulrike (eds.) Expeditions as Experiments. Practising Observation and Documentation, Palsgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology (Palgrave Macmillan, 2016); pp. 235-253
- Teresa Salomé Mota, "From the museum to the field. Geology teaching in the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon" in Ana Simões, Maria Paula Diogo, Kostas Gavroglu (eds.), Academic Landscapes. Sciences in the Universities of Europe, Nineteenth and Twentieth centuries, Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science (Springer, in press, 2015).
- Teresa Salomé Mota, "Spending some time in the field. Fieldwork in the Portuguese Geological Survey during the twentieth century", Earth Sciences History, 33 (2014), 201-213.
- Ana Carneiro, Teresa Salomé Mota, Vanda Leitão, O Chão que Pisamos: a Geologia ao Serviço do Estado (1848-1974), (Lisboa: CIUHCT/Edições Colibri, 2014).
- Luís Miguel Carolino, Teresa Salomé Mota (ed.), The Polytechnic Experience in the Nineteenth-century Iberian Península, HoST, 7 (2013).
- Ana Carneiro, Ana Simões, Maria Paula Diogo, Teresa Salomé Mota, "From sinner to saint: geology and religion in Portugal", Notes and Records of the Royal Society, 67 (2013), 331—354.
- Teresa Salomé Mota, Ana Carneiro, "A time for engineers and a time for geologists: scientific lives and different pathways in the history of Portuguese geology", Earth Sciences History, Special Issue, 32 (2013), 23-38.
- Teresa Salomé Mota, "A bursting landscape in the middle of Portugal: theories and experiments by Georges Zbyszewski", Centaurus, 53:2 (2011), 146-163.
- Maria Helena Henriques, Rui Pena dos Reis, José Brilha, Teresa Salomé Mota, "Geoconservation as an emerging geoscience", Geoheritage, Vol. 3, No 2(2011), 117-128.
- Teresa Salomé Mota, "A mere shadow of an institution: the unhappy story of the Portuguese Geological Survey (PGS) in the period between the two World Wars", Annals of Science, 1 (2007), volume 64, 19—40.
- Ana Carneiro, Teresa Salomé Mota, "The Geological Survey of Portugal (1857-1948), an Overview", Earth Sciences History, Special Issue, Pietro Corsi (ed.), 28 (2007), 85-96.
Scientific Societies and Other Institutions
- HESS (History of Earth Sciences Society): member of the Nominating Committee for 2013—2015.