Department of Applied Social Sciences, NOVA-FCT
- Science and Imperialism (19th-20th cent.);
- History of Natural History (18th-19th cent.);
- Urban History (19th-20th cent.);
- Science Education;
- Literature and Science;
- Theater and Science
- “InsSciDE – Inventing a shared Science Diplomacy for Europe” (European Union’s H2020 research and innovation programme, grant agreement no. 770523), 2018–2021. Work Package 3: Science Diplomats. PI: Maria Paula Diogo.
- “Visions of Lisbon – Science, technology and medicine (STM) and the making of a technoscientific capital (1870–1940)”, (PTDC/IVC-HFC/3122/2014), 2016–2018. PI: Ana Simões.
- "Science, technical training and the making of Portuguese Liberalism: the case of the Polytechnic School of Lisbon (1837–1911)", (HC/0084/2009), 2010-2013. PI: Luís Carolino.
Gamito-Marques, Daniel. “Science in the Service of Empire. Andrade Corvo, Barbosa du Bocage and the defense of Portuguese colonial aspirations in Africa.” In History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Portugal. Volume III: The Nineteenth Century, edited by Ana Carneiro, Isabel Amaral, and Teresa Salomé Mota. In print.
Gamito-Marques, Daniel, 2020. “In Praise of a Historical Storytelling Approach in Science Education.” Isis 111: 582–587. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1086/711126
Gamito-Marques, Daniel, 2020. “Science for Competition among Powers: Geographical Knowledge, Colonial-Diplomatic Networks, and the Scramble for Africa.” Berichte zur Wissenschafstgeschichte 43: 473–492. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bewi.202000016
Gamito-Marques, Daniel, 2018. “A Space of One’s Own: Barbosa du Bocage, the Foundation of the National Museum of Lisbon, and the Construction of a Career in Zoology (1851–1907).” Journal of the History of Biology 51: 223–257. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10739-017-9487-6
Gamito-Marques, Daniel, 2018. “Defending metropolitan identity through colonial politics: The role of Portuguese naturalists (1870–91).” History of Science 56: 224–253. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0073275317722240
Gamito-Marques, Daniel. “Antievolutionism.” In The Antis’ Dictionary. Portuguese Culture in Negative, edited by José Eduardo Franco, 688–696. Lisboa: Imprensa Nacional – Casa da Moeda, 2018.
Scientific societies and other institutions
- Member of the International Commission of the History of Oceanography, DHST-IUHPST (since 2021).
- Member of the Commission on Science, Technology and Diplomacy, DHST-IUHPST (since 2019).
- Member of the Inter-Divisional Teaching Commission, DHST-IUHPST (since 2017).