- "Histórias da Ciência" series, every monday, in Público
06 June 2018
This series of articles is organised by researchers from the Medea Chart project and aims to introduce general audiences to cases in History of Science. Joaquim Alves Gaspar and Ana Margarida Nunes have coordinated the series and reviewed the articles, from a concept by Henrique Leitão.
- H2020 project Heracles highlighted as a success story by the European Comission
30 May 2018
- Medea Chart featured in the European Research Council's website
24 May 2018
Our researcher Joaquim Alves Gaspar is featured in the European Research Council's website, with a small interview about the project he leads, The Medieval and Early Modern Nautical Charts: Birth, Evolution and Use (Medea Chart), funded in 1.2M€ by the council. The project started in 2017 and will continue until 2022.
- António Estácio dos Reis (1923-2018)
02 March 2018
- Honoris Causa Doctorate to Bernardette Bensaude-Vincent
15 January 2018
CIUHCT is pleased to announced the University of Lisbon will award this distinction to philosopher and historian of sciences Bernadette Bensaude-Vincent (Université Paris 1/ Pantheon Sorbonne). The ceremony will take place on March 2, 3pm, at the Salão Nobre of the Rectory of the University of Lisbon.
- 1st CIUHCT Distinguished Lecture makes the news in Público
03 December 2017
- APHES Young Researchers Award to M. Luísa Sousa
24 November 2017
- CIUHCT congratulates Tiago Saraiva for receiving the Pfizer Award, for his book Fascist Pigs
21 November 2017
The award was attributed by the History of Science Society.
- New CIUHCT fellowships for PhD and post-doc
14 November 2017
- Maria Paula Diogo interviewed by the Sol newspaper
02 October 2017
The interview focuses on the SCILIFE — Science in Everyday Life consortium, which includes several universities and the Lisbon Municipality, and their contribution to raising awareness of the European Researchers' Night.