- AQUA opens scholarships for masters' dissertations
12 July 2019
The scholarships will have a maximum duration of 9 months, and are destined to students that choose to work on hydraulic systems in gardens or monastic enclosures in Portugal, during the Early Modern period.
- Project RUTTER is looking for a project manager
01 July 2019
Applications will be accepted from July 10 to August 10. It is not a requirement that candidates hold a PhD degree, but they must be fluent both in portuguese and english, and have experience in 1) european research projects, 2) science communication, and 3) scientific research.
- Maria Elvira Callapez writes about the history of plastics for the SIC Notícias website
25 June 2019
Next to environmental concerns with plastic waste, Maria Elvira Callapez provides the historical background of the use of these materials, arguing that "any future scenario where plastics don't play an even more important role in our lives sounds irrealistic".
- H2020 project InsSciDE, participated by CIUHCT researchers, was received by the Office of European Commissioner Carlos Moedas, in Brussels
23 June 2019
The meeting, almost two hours long, included a global presentation of the project, highlights on the importance of its outputs for European guidelines on science diplomacy, and plans for medium-term collaboration.
- Two research fellowships for PhDs in ERC Project RUTTER
05 June 2019
This call will be open until July 5, and the fellowships will start in September 2019.
- i newspaper interviews Maria Elvira Callapez
30 May 2019
- Two PhD fellowships in History of Science (FCUL), associated with ERC Project RUTTER
16 May 2019
Applications will be accepted until June 22. The PhD program is expected to begin in September 2019.
- Henrique Leitão is awarded an ERC Advanced Grant
28 March 2019
The project “Making the Earth Global: Early Modern Nautical Rutters and the Construction of a Global Concept of the Earth” (RUTTER) will be funded in two million euros. It is the second ERC grant attributed to a CIUHCT researcher.
- Interview with Maria Paula Diogo on the InSciDe H2020 project
04 March 2019
The researcher talks about the work package she's coordinating, "Science Diplomats", and the continuation of the research on the 18th Century diplomat José Correia da Serra.
- Scott Knowles (Drexel University) visits CIUHCT, meeting with Anthropolands researchers
26 February 2019
The american scholar will be at FCT/NOVA on March 1, for an informal lecture debating the relationships between the Anthropocene, natural resources, and the concept of "slow disaster".