STEP Forum dossier in the new Technology and Culture issue
09 December 2016
Professors Maria Paula Diogo and Ana Simões, currently the coordinator and vice-coordinator of CIUHCT, are the organisers, together with Kostas Gavroglu, of the dossier STEP Forum, published in the latest issue (4/vol.57) of the Technology and Culture journal.
The dossier revisits the fifteen years of activity of the group Science and Technology in the European Periphery (STEP), and presents several proposals further development of its particular perspective in the context of international historiography. The following articles are included in the dossier (CIUHCT contributors in bold):
- STEP Matters: Historiographical Considerations
Maria Paula Diogo, Kostas Gavroglu, Ana Simões
- Beyond Fixed Geographies: Moving Localities and the Making of Knowledge
Manolis Patiniotis, Pedro M. P. Raposo
- Education and Textbooks
Josep Simon, Antonio García-Belmar
- Experts and Peripheries: Ongoing Research and Future Challenges
José Ramón Bertomeu-Sánchez, Stathis Arapostathis
- Popularization of Science, Technology, and Medicine in the “Periphery”: A Step Further?
Eirini Mergoupi-Savaidou, Faidra Papane-Lopoulou, Ana Carneiro
- How to Write an Urban History of STM on the “Periphery"
Oliver Hochadel, Agustí Nieto-Galan
- Technology and Nation: Learning from the Periphery
Marta Macedo, Jaume Valentines-Álvarez