Department of History and Philosophy of Sciences, FCUL
- History of Physical Sciences in the 19th and 20th centuries;
- History of Quantum Chemistry;
- History of Sciences in Portugal, 18th-20th centuries;
- History of Sciences in the European Periphery;
- History of Popularization of Sciences;
- History of Universities.
- Visions of Lisbon — Science, technology and medicine (STM) and the making of a techno-scientific capital (1870-1940). 2017-2019
- CIUHCT Strategic Project, 2015-2020. See the flagships: Dictionary of Biographies, HSTM Bibliograhy, HSTM Bibliography, HoST Journal. UID/HIS/00286/2013.
- Anthropolands — Engineering the Anthropocene: Colonial Science, Technology and Medicine and the changing of the African landscape. PTDC/IVCHFC/6789/2014. 2017-2019
- Ana Simões, Ana Carneiro, Maria Paula Diogo, “Earth Sciences and History in the work of Correia da Serra (1751-1823). Ciências da Terra e História na obra de Correia da Serra (1751-1823),” Varia Historia 33(63) (2017), 625-56.
- Maria Paula Diogo, Ana Simões, “All history is relevant, but the history of technology is the most relevant”. An informal tribute to Kranzberg’s Laws, 22 (2016), ICON, 1-7.
- Maria Paula Diogo, Kostas Gavroglu, Ana Simões, “STEP Matters. Historiographical Considerations”, in Maria Paula Diogo, Kostas Gavroglu, Ana Simões, eds., “FORUM STEP Matters”, Technology & Culture, 57 (4) (2016), 926-929.
- Maria Paula Diogo, Kostas Gavroglu, Ana Simões, eds., “FORUM STEP Matters”, Technology & Culture, 57 (4) (2016).
- Theodore Arabatzis, Jürgen Renn, Ana Simões, eds., Relocating the History of Science. Volume in Honor of Kostas Gavroglu (Springer: Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science, 2015).
- Ana Simões, Maria Paula Diogo, Kostas Gavroglu, eds. Sciences in the Universities of Europe, 19th and 20th centuries. Academic Landscapes (Springer: Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science, 2015).
- Ana Simões, Ana Carneiro, Maria Paula Diogo, Luís Miguel Carolino, Teresa Salomé Mota, Uma história da Faculdade de Ciências de Lisboa (1911-1974), (2013).
- Ana Simões, ed., Communicating Science, Technology and Medicine, HoST, 6 (2012).
- Kostas Gavroglu, Ana Simões, Neither physics nor chemistry. A history of quantum chemistry (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 2012, second reprinting 2014).
- Ana Simões, Maria Paula Diogo, Ana Carneiro, Citizen of the world. A scientific biography of Abbé Correia da Serra (Berkeley: Institute for Governmental Studies, forthcoming 2012).
- Pedro M.P. Raposo, Ana Simões, Manolis Patiniotis, José Ramon BertomeuSánchez, “Moving Localities, and Creative Circulation: Travels as Knowledge Production in 18th century Europe,” Centaurus, 56 (2014), 167-188.
- Ana Simões, Luís Miguel Carolino, “The Portuguese astronomer Melo e Simas (1870-1934). Republican ideals and popularization of science”, Science in Context, 27(1) (2014), 49-77.
- Ana Simões, Kostas Gavroglu, “P.-O. Löwdin and the International Journal of Quantum Chemistry. A kaleidoscopic agenda for quantum chemistry,” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 114(2) (2014), 116-27.
- Ana Carneiro, Ana Simões, Maria Paula Diogo, Teresa Salomé Mota, “Geology and religion in Portugal”, Notes and Records of the Royal Society of London, 67(4) (2013), 331-54.
Scientific Societies and Other Institutions (selection)
- President of the European Society for the History of Science, 2018-2020.
- Advisory Board of the series Boston Studies for the Philosophy of Science.
- Scientific Advisory Board of the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG), 2012-2017.
- Advisory Board of MPIWG Research library for the history and development of knowledge (Open Access Activity), since 2010
- European Society for the History of Science: member since its creation in 2004 and member of the Scientific Comittee since 2012.
- International network STEP-Science and Technology in the European Peripheries: Founding member (1999).
- Advisory Board of the Commission on the History of Modern Chemistry (CHMC), International Union of the History and Philosophy of Science/ Division of History of Science (IUHPS/DHS): member since 1998.
- Member of the governing board of the Section on the History of Physics, European Physical Society, since 1997.
- Member of the governing board of the International Academy for the History of Science, since 2012.
- Member of the governing board of the International Commission for the History of Universities (ICHU), 2009-2015.