- Project InSciDE approved
31 May 2017
The research project InsSciDE — Inventing a Shared Science Diplomacy for Europe, in which CIUHCT is a partner, has just been approved in the H2020 contest.
- Osterbrock Book Prize to the Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers
18 May 2017
A Divisão de Astronomia Histórica da Sociedade Americana de Astronomia atribuiu o seu Osterbook Book Prize de 2017 a Thomas Hockey (Univ. Iowa) pela coordenação da Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers.
- Medea Chart opens 5 new fellowships
02 April 2017
Two fellowships for PhD candidates, two for post-doctoral studies, and one for project manager.
- First Honoris Causa doctorate in History of Science and Technology in Portugal, proposed by CIUHCT
21 March 2017
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the NOVA University of Lisbon will award Professor Johan Schot (University of Sussex/Eindhoven University of Technology) the first Honoris Causa doctorate in History of Science and Technology in PortugalSussex/Universidade de Eindhoven), o primeiro Doutoramento Honoris Causa em História da Ciência e da Tecnologia em Portugal.
- New CIUHCT post-doctoral fellowship
27 February 2017
Applications accepted between February 27 and March 10.
- STEP Forum dossier in the new Technology and Culture issue
09 December 2016
Professors Maria Paula Diogo and Ana Simões, currently the coordinator and vice-coordinator of CIUHCT, are the organisers, together with Kostas Gavroglu, of the dossier STEP Forum, published in the latest issue (4/vol.57) of the Technology and Culture journal.
- Clavis Bibliothecarum awarded with Honorable Mention by the APH
07 December 2016
- CIUHCT researchers in the 2016's European Researchers' Night
20 September 2016
Researchers Ana Viseu and Joaquim Alves Gaspar will participate in
- ERC Starting Grant to CIUHCT researcher Joaquim Alves Gaspar
03 September 2016
The funding was granted after the researcher submitted the project named "The Medieval and Early Modern Nautical Chart: Birth, Evolution and Use" the European Research Council's highly criterious and competitive evaluation.
- CIUHCT researchers reach the presidency of international scientific societies
01 September 2016
Researchers Ana Simões and Marta Lourenço have just been elected to the presidency of two reknowned scientific societies, the European Society for the History of Science (ESHS), and the international committee University Museums and Collections, which is a part of the International Council of Museums (ICOM-UMAC)