Department of Applied Sciences, FCT/NOVA
- History of Imperialism (19th and 20th centuries);
- History of Medicine and imperial contexts (19th and 20th centuries);
- History of Veterinary Medicine in imperial contexts (19th and 20th centuries);
- Environmental History of Africa (19th and 20th centuries);
- Colonial land policies in Africa (19th and 20th centuries).
- "Science, health and power: contribution for a history of veterinarian medicine in the Portuguese empire in Africa in the 20th century", post-doctoral research project, financed by the Foundation for Science and Technology (SFRH/BPD/114805/2016). 2017-2019
- "An International Collaboration on the Political, Social, and Cultural History of the Emergence of HIV/AIDS", financed by the National Endowment for the Humanities (EUA) and coordinated by Prof. William H Schneider - IUPUI, EUA, 2014-2017
- "The land question in early-20th century Portuguese colonial thought", Portuguese Journal of Social Science, n.º 16 (2), 2017.
- José Vicente Serrão, Bárbara Direito, Eugénia Rodrigues, Susana Münch Miranda (eds). Property Rights, Land and Territory in the European Overseas Empires. Lisbon: CEHC-IUL, 2014. ISBN: 978-989-98499-4-5. DOI: 10.15847/cehc.prlteoe.945X000
- "Caçados e caçadores nas fotografias do arquivo da Companhia de Moçambique". In O império da visão: fotografia no contexto colonial português (1860-1960), ed. Filipa Lowndes Vicente. Lisboa: Edições 70, 2014.
- "Land and colonialism in Mozambique – Policies and practice in Inhambane, c. 1900-c.1940", Journal of Southern African Studies, n.º 39 (2), 2013.