HoST - Journal of History of Science and Technology is an open access, on-line peer-reviewed international journal devoted to the History of Science and Technology, published in English by a group of Portuguese research institutions and De Gruyter/Sciendo. HoST encourages submissions of original historical research exploring the cultural, social and political dimensions of science, technology, and medicine (STM), both from a local and a global perspective.
Past thematic issues have dealt with topics as diverse as circulation, science communication, natural history, or the relation between science, technology and politics. Future issues might deal with both established and emerging areas of scholarship. The editors of HoST are looking for proposals for two thematic dossiers to be published in 2024 (HoST volume 18, issue 1-June, issue 2-December).
Each thematic dossier should be prepared by the guest editor(s) and include four research papers along with an introduction.
Proposals should include the following items:
- An abstract describing the topic for the thematic dossier and its significance (500 words);
- A list of the contributors along with the titles and abstracts (300 words) of the four research papers;
- Brief CVs (300 words) of the guest editor(s) and authors;
The guest editor(s) and the contributors must be prepared to meet HoST's publication schedule:
- Abstract and titles submission: 20 January 2023
- Submission of complete research papers: 30 August 2023 (Issue 1); 30 December 2023 (Issue 2)
- Publication: June 2024 (Issue 18.1) December 2024 (Issue 18.2)
Proposals will be subject to approval by the Editorial Board and the outcome will be known to the authors by February 2023. Submissions should be sent as an e-mail attachment (preferably in one single .doc, .docx, .rtf or .odt file), to the chief-editor: email@example.com