The editors of HoST - Journal of History of Science and Technology are looking for proposals for a thematic issue to be published in 2019 (HoST volume 13). The volume should be prepared by a guest editor and include four research papers.
HoST is an open access, on-line peer-reviewed international journal devoted to the History of Science and Technology, published in English by a group of Portuguese research institutions and De Gruyter.
HoST encourages submissions of original historical research exploring the cultural and social dimensions of science, technology, and medicine (STM), both from a local and a global perspective. Past thematic issues have dealt with topics as diverse as circulation, communication of science and the relationships of science with fascist regimes. Future issues might deal with both established and emerging areas of scholarship. Proposals might consider broad themes such as: STM and diplomacy, the Anthropocene, urban history, crisis, and the relationships between the Global North and the Global South.
Proposals should include the following items:
- An abstract describing the topic for the thematic issue and its significance (500 words);
- A list of the contributors along with the titles and abstracts (300 words) of the four research papers;
- Brief CVs (300 words) of the guest editor(s) and authors;
The guest editor(s) and the contributors must be prepared to meet the HoST publication schedule:
- Abstract and titles submission: 10 November, 2017
- Submission of complete research papers: 1 September, 2018
- Publication: September/October, 2019
Proposals will be subject to approval by the Editorial Board and the outcome will be known to the authors by December 2017.
Submissions should be sent as an e-mail attachment to the editor: