|Categoria: Bolsas e Emprego Científico||Data inicio: 2017-03-01 00:00|
|Data fim: 2017-03-01 00:00|
The Cohn Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas at Tel Aviv University will award one or two Post-Doctoral Fellowships for the academic year 2017– 18. The fellowship offered by the Cohn Institute runs for twelve months, beginning on October 1, 2017. The grant corresponds to 125% of Tel Aviv University's post-doc rate (currently this amounts to NIS 85,500/US$ 22,700 per annum).
The Cohn Institute is a research and graduate teaching institute in the Faculty of Humanities of Tel Aviv University. It is the largest and most dynamic centre for the history and philosophy of science in Israel. Further information about the Institute can be found athttps://en-humanities.tau.ac.
The post-doctoral fellowship will be awarded on the basis of scholarly distinction and academic promise within the area of history and philosophy of science broadly construed. The fellowship is awarded for one year, with the possibility of an extension being granted for a second year under similar conditions, conditional on success in first year.
Candidates must hold a PhD degree in a relevant academic field, which has been awarded from a recognized university after 2012. The fellow(s) will spend the academic year at the Cohn Institute pursuing their own research project while interacting with faculty and students. No teaching is required.
Candidates are requested to apply by March 1st, 2017. Applications should include the following (in English):
- • A brief cover letter.
• A document confirming award of PhD (holders of PhD degrees from Tel AvivUniversity are not eligible).
- • A description of the work they plan to undertake as fellows of the Cohn Institute, stating also how their work will add to or interact with the research conducted at the Institute (3-5 pages).
- • An updated CV and list of publications.
• Arrange for two letters of recommendation from experts in their fields to be sentdirectly to the Cohn Institute.
• A writing sample (no more than 30 pages).