- CIUHCT partners with two research networks based in the Netherlands and Denmark, GREASE and EurReS
10 July 2018
Both networks are spin-offs of the network Tensions of Europe, and are funded by the national governments of the Netherlands (GREASE) and Denmark (EurReS).
- Cândido Marciano receives scientific merit medal at the Ciência 2018 meeting
04 July 2018
The medal was presented at the Ciência 2018 meeting, by His Excellence the Prime Minister of Portugal and the Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
- CIUHCT will be at the Ciência 2018 meeting with the VISLIS and Anthropolands projects
02 July 2018
Besides the parallel sessions, PhD students Breno Borges, Hugo Soares and Inês Navalhas will participate in a posters session.
- ANTHROPOLAB in the exhibit "Immersive - Imersivo" (Sociedade Nacional de Belas Artes)
29 June 2018
CIUHCT research fellow Ivo Louro will participate, with the sound installation Atmosmancy. The exhibit will be open from June 29 to July 21.
- CIUHCT's 10-year anniversary in the Público newspaper
22 June 2018
Público's supplement Perspectivas has interviewed CIUHCT's coordinators, Maria Paula Diogo (current) e Ana Simões (vice), discussing the centre's 10 years of activity and long-term perspectives on the history of science, technology and medicine in Portugal.
- "Histórias da Ciência" series, every monday, in Público
06 June 2018
This series of articles is organised by researchers from the Medea Chart project and aims to introduce general audiences to cases in History of Science. Joaquim Alves Gaspar and Ana Margarida Nunes have coordinated the series and reviewed the articles, from a concept by Henrique Leitão.
- H2020 project Heracles highlighted as a success story by the European Comission
30 May 2018
- Medea Chart featured in the European Research Council's website
24 May 2018
Our researcher Joaquim Alves Gaspar is featured in the European Research Council's website, with a small interview about the project he leads, The Medieval and Early Modern Nautical Charts: Birth, Evolution and Use (Medea Chart), funded in 1.2M€ by the council. The project started in 2017 and will continue until 2022.
- António Estácio dos Reis (1923-2018)
02 March 2018
- Honoris Causa Doctorate to Bernardette Bensaude-Vincent
15 January 2018
CIUHCT is pleased to announced the University of Lisbon will award this distinction to philosopher and historian of sciences Bernadette Bensaude-Vincent (Université Paris 1/ Pantheon Sorbonne). The ceremony will take place on March 2, 3pm, at the Salão Nobre of the Rectory of the University of Lisbon.