- CIUHCT at the European Researchers' Night 2019
28 September 2019
We are at the National Museum of Natural History and Science with the activity "AntropoQUÊ" (AnthropoWHAT), a memory game destined to younger audiences, about the importance of seeing nature as a partner, and not just as a resource.
- CIUHCT organiza as exposições "E3-FCT" e "The Eagle has Landed. Viagens à Lua" na Biblioteca da FCT NOVA
16 September 2019
Ambas têm inauguração oficial no dia 23 de Setembro de 2019, pelas 14:30, na Biblioteca da FCT NOVA.
- New issue of Gardens and Landscapes of Portugal (vol.5): Ars therapeutica, hortus sanitatem
30 August 2019
GL&P is an open-access journal published by Sciendo/DeGruyter and supported by CIUHCT.
- AQUA opens scholarships for masters' dissertations
12 July 2019
The scholarships will have a maximum duration of 9 months, and are destined to students that choose to work on hydraulic systems in gardens or monastic enclosures in Portugal, during the Early Modern period.
- Project RUTTER is looking for a project manager
01 July 2019
Applications will be accepted from July 10 to August 10. It is not a requirement that candidates hold a PhD degree, but they must be fluent both in portuguese and english, and have experience in 1) european research projects, 2) science communication, and 3) scientific research.
- CIUHCT scored as Excellent (top score) in the latest FCT Evaluation of R&D Units
25 June 2019
After being graded as 'Exceptional' in 2015, and with a new grading system in place that no longer includes this classification, CIUHCT is again placed within the top R&D units in Portugal. The international evaluation panel also highlighted CIUHCT's leadership position at the European level.
- Maria Elvira Callapez writes about the history of plastics for the SIC Notícias website
25 June 2019
Next to environmental concerns with plastic waste, Maria Elvira Callapez provides the historical background of the use of these materials, arguing that "any future scenario where plastics don't play an even more important role in our lives sounds irrealistic".
- H2020 project InsSciDE, participated by CIUHCT researchers, was received by the Office of European Commissioner Carlos Moedas, in Brussels
23 June 2019
The meeting, almost two hours long, included a global presentation of the project, highlights on the importance of its outputs for European guidelines on science diplomacy, and plans for medium-term collaboration.
- New issue of HoST — Journal of History of Science and Technology (13.1, June 2019) online
19 June 2019
The new volume includes the special issue "Before the Silent Spring: Pesticides in Twentieth-Century Europe", coordinated by José Rámon Bertomeu-Sánchez, an extended abstract of Thomas J. Misa's Distinguished Lecture, a work in progress by PhD student Inês N. Navalhas, and reviews of the latest books by Tiago Saraiva, Samir Boumediene, and Cathy Gere.
- Two research fellowships for PhDs in ERC Project RUTTER
05 June 2019
This call will be open until July 5, and the fellowships will start in September 2019.