Department of Applied Sciences, FCT/NOVA
- History of Science in Portugal (19th and 20th centuries)
- History of Tropical Medicine
- Globalization processes of Science and Technology - Networks, Centre(s)-Periphery(ies) relationship.
- PhD fellowship in History, Philosophy and Heritage of Science and Technology, "Medical Knowledge Network: the Tropical Medicine Institute, between institutions, actors, diseases and pathogens (1935-1966)", funded by FCT (2015-2018)
- Monteiro JL (2018), "Between republicans and freemasons: A lost zoological collection found in a very particular school", Endeavour, 42(4): 196-199. DOI: 10.1016/j.endeavour.2018.07.011
- Lobo R, Monteiro J (2016). “A trajetória de Francisco Cambournac na Organização Mundial de Saúde (1952-1964)”. Anais do Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Vol.16, pp. 133-140
- Pinto-Correia C & Monteiro JL (2014). Science in support of racial mixture: Charles-Augustin Vandermonde’s Enlightnenment program for improving the health and beauty of the human species. Endeavour, 38(1): 20-26. DOI: 10.1016/j.endeavour.2013.11.
Scientific Societies and other institutions
- Soc. Pr. Escolas - Board of Directors (2013-present)
- COMCEPT - Comunidade Céptica Portuguesa - Founding Member (since 2012)
- Instituto Português de Malacologia - Auditing Board (2011-2015)