Department of History and Philosophy of Sciences, FCUL
- Popularization of science and technology;
- Popular science;
- Science in the European peripheries;
- Popularization of science for children.
- "Comunicar ciência e tecnologia em Portugal, 1900-1926: o papel da imprensa diária", post-doc project, Faculty of Science University of Lisbon, (FCT/MCTES, SFRH/BPD/71036/2010), 2011-2014.
- Isabel Zilhão e Kristian Nielsen (guest editors), "Introduction - Worlds of science for young people," Themes British Journal for the History of Science, 2018, 3: 1-14.
- Isabel Zilhão, "Taking science to the countryside: fictionalizing the country through novels for young people in early twentieth century Portugal", Themes British Journal for the History of Science, 2018, 3: 73-103.
- Isabel Zilhão, "The rise and fall of science for all: Science for children voiced by a Portuguese daily newspaper (1924–1933)", History of Science, 2014, 52: 454-488.
- Isabel Zilhão, "Taking science to the Portuguese country side", 6th International Conference of the Eyuropean Society for the History of Science, Lisbon, 4-6 September 2014
- Isabel Zilhão, "Baking knowledge: The part played by the Portuguese Popular University in bringing science to the working class (1919-1950), 9th STEP Meeting, Lisbon, 1-3 September 2014.
- Isabel Zilhão, "O papel da popularização da ciência na circulação do conhecimento em Portugal. Dois estudos de caso", in Alice Santiago Faria, Pedro M.P. Raposo, eds., Mobilidade e circulação: perspectivas em História da Ciência e da Tecnologia (Lisboa: CIUHCT/CHAM, 2014), p. 77-86.
- Isabel Zilhão, "Science for children voiced by a Portuguese daily newspaper (1924-1933)", HSS 2013 Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, 21-24 November 2013.
- Isabel Zilhão, "Science and technology for children in the Portuguese daily press (1924-1933)", 24th International Congress of Science, Technology and Medicine (ICHSTM), Manchester, England, 22-28 July 2013.
- Ana Simões, Isabel Zilhão, Maria Paula Diogo, Ana Carneiro, "Halley turns Republican. How the Portuguese press presented the 1910 return of Halley’s comet", History of Science, 2013, 51: 199-219.
- Isabel Zilhão, (Book review) Laurence Talairach-Vielmas ed., Science in the Nursery: The Popularisation of Science in Britain and France, 1761-1901. (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2011), Host: journal of history of science and technology, 2012, 6:113-115.