Department of Applied Sciences, FCT/NOVA
- Comics studies
- Science studies on Biology
- Visual Communication
- "O Antropoceno em imagens: formas de representação de um novo paradigma na ciência e na banda desenhada". Post-doc project financed by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (SFRH/BPD/123940/2016). Supervisor: Maria Paula Diogo, with Maria Teresa Cruz (co-supervisor). 2017-2019.
- “New Natural: Appropriating evolutionary discourse for multi-level narration in comics”, artistic residence at the IMéRA foundation, Marseille, France, financed by the IMéRA/Université d'Aix-Marseille foundation. September 2016-April 2017.
- "Evolution beyond science: A comics project", artistic residence at the Saari Residence, Mynämäki, Finland, financed by the KONE foundation. January-February 2016.
- Anna Åberg, Hugo Almeida, Josh Wodak and Jens Kirstein, "Social Media in the Anthropocene", in Resilience: A Journal of the Environmental Humanities, Vol. 5, No. 1, (Winter 2017), pp. 39-70
- Almeida H. (2017) "From comics to biology diagrams: structure and inference in visual narratives of transformation". Visual Communication, 16(1): 85-108
- Almeida, H. and Godinho Ferreira, M. (2013) "Spontaneous telomere to telomere fusions occur in unperturbed fission yeast cells". Nucleic Acids Research, 41, 3056-3067.