Departament of History and Philosophy of Sciences, FCUL
- Marine animals in human history;
- Monsters, myths and legends;
- History of Science;
- History of Natural Sciences.
- "Narratives, images and legends: descriptions of the great marine animals in the accounts of the voyages of the Portuguese in the 15th to 17th centuries," doctoral project in History and Philosophy of Science. Supervision: Henrique Leitão. FCUL, (FCT/MCTES, SFRH/ BD/72559/2010), 2010-2014.
- C. Brito, C. Picanço, & I. Carvalho, "Small cetaceans off São Tome (São Tome and Principe, Gulf of Guinea, West Africa): species, sightings and abundance, local human activities and conservation", International Whaling Commission Report, SC_62_SM8 (2010).
- C. Picanço, I. Carvalho, & C. Brito, "Occurrence and distribution of cetaceans in São Tome and Principe archipelago and their relations to environmental variables", Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, vol. 89(5)(2009), 1071-1076.