- Cultural Studies of Emergent Sciences and Technologies;
- Cyborg Anthropology;
- Governance and Politics;
- Feminist Technoscience;
- Information and Communication Technologies;
- Responsible Research and Innovation.
- Quantified Self: The implications of being and living by the numbers. Marie Curie Action COFUND, European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n° PCOFUND-GA-2009-246542 & Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, Portugal. (2011-2015)
- Viseu, A. (2018). Integrating is Caring? Or, Caring for Nanotechnology: Being an Integrated Social Scientist, In, Subrahmanian, E., Odumosu, T., & Tsao, J. (Eds). Engineering a Better Future: Interplay between Engineering, Social Sciences, and Innovation, Springer, pp. 141-166. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-91134-2_13
- Viseu, A. (2015). Caring for Nanotechnology? Being an integrated social scientist, In Viseu, A., Myers, N. & Martin, A. (Eds), ‘The Politics of Care in Technoscience’ special volume, Social Studies of Science, 45(5): 642-664. DOI:10.1177/0306312715598666 (Impact Factor in 2016: 2.256; Indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge)
- Martin, A., Myers, N. & Viseu, A. (2015). The politics of care in technoscience, In Viseu, A., Myers, N. & Martin, A. (Eds), ‘The Politics of Care in Technoscience’ special volume, Social Studies of Science, 45(5): 625-641. DOI:10.1177/0306312715602073
- Viseu, A. (2015, Sept. 16). Integration of social science into research is crucial, Nature, 525: 291. DOI:10.1038/525291a (Impact Factor in 2016: 40.137; Indexed in ISI Web of Knowledge).
- Viseu, A. (2013). Wearable computers and the informed informational body. In D. Bulatov (Ed.), Evolution Haute Couture: Art and Science in the Post-Biological Age, Vol. 2: Theory, (pp. 122-135). National Center for Contemporary Art: Kaliningrad, Russia
- Viseu, A. & Maguire, H. (2012). Integrating and Enacting ‘Social and Ethical Issues’ in Nanotechnology Practices, Nanoethics, 6 (3): 195-209. DOI:10.1007/s11569-012-0162-2
- Viseu, A. & Suchman, L. (2010). Wearable Augmentations. In J. Edwards, P. Harvey & P. Wade, (Eds.), Technologized Images, Technologized Bodies (pp. 161-184). Oxford, New York: Berghahn Books
- Doubleday, R. & Viseu, A. (2010) Questioning Interdisciplinarity: What roles for laboratory based social science? In K. Kjolberg & F. Wickson (Eds.) Nano Meets Macro: Social Perspectives on Nano Sciences and Technologies (pp. 55-84). New Jersey: Pan Stanford Publishing.
- Viseu, A. Clement, A., Aspinall, J. & Kennedy, T. (0ctober 2006). The Interplay of Public and Private Spaces in Internet Access. Information, Communication and Society, 9 (5), 633-656. DOI: 10.1080/13691180600965633
- Viseu, A., Clement, A. & Aspinall, J. (2004). Situating Privacy Online: Complex Perceptions and Everyday Practices. Information, Communication and Society, 7 (1): 92-114. DOI: 10.1080/1369118042000208924
Membership of Scientific Societies and other Institutions
- Member, Society for Social Studies of Science (4S)
- Member, Society for the Study of New and Emerging Technologies (SNET)